Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving in Uganda

I was kind of anxious for Thanksgiving. Maybe because I would like a change from eating rice and beans everyday. Another reason I was anxious for Thanksgiving was because my mom was sending me a package that contained boxed macaroni and cheese to make for people. The package arrived the day before Thanksgiving. I was surprised to see that my mom put more in the package than I was expecting.
Mac and cheese, Triscuit, Ramen, Tuna salad mix, gum, Tic Tacs, Sunflower seed,
hand sanitizer, deodorant, and 10 Blistex chap stick. 
(well I think I am now set on chapstick. Thanks mom!)

This was my second time celebrating Thanksgiving out here. Which means that in the last 10 years I have spent more Thanksgiving out here in Uganda than I have back at home in California. My goal is to make it home for Thanksgiving next year. Anyway, we celebrated by playing football, which Ugandan students stopped and watched us as we played. We also had a big Thanksgiving meal and desserts. Below are some photos of the day. 

First, I wanted to say what I was thankful for. I am thankful that God sees me and knows where I am at. I am also thankful for great family and friends that I love and miss dearly. 

Setting up teams

Action shot!

I had one touchdown and intercepted a pass for a touchdown... I'm pretty badass 

Look ma! The mac and cheese you sent me with some extra cheese on top!

Dinner time!

So that is about it. The students leave in two and a half weeks. The new set of students arrive January 4th. I'm really gonna miss this group. I'm glad they were all part of my Thanksgiving experience. 

1 comment:

  1. I remember our Thanksgiving together in Uganda. I was sitting next to one of the expats, and she said "it was just a few hours ago this turkey was running around my garage." :)

    ReplyDelete