Thursday, May 23, 2013

Safari!

Alright! I have some updated pictures! These were all taken on the safari Nina, Shirley, Nasser, and I went on this past weekend. I don't have pictures of all the animals I saw since my camera doesn't have a great zoom. My hope is to get other pictures from Shirley soon. The safari took place at Murchison Falls National Park which is located on the northwestern part of Uganda bordering Congo (DRC). Enjoy!

Nina on the boat tour

Many many Hippos

Hippo!

Shirley and Nasser on the boat

Nina and I

Just being cheesy

Shirley and I

Leading up to Murchison Falls




Heading to the top of Murchison

Top of Murchison

Sunset


Nina and the baboons

I'm a sucker for sunset pictures

Giraffe 

Giraffes!

Hippo!

Elephants (zoom not really the best)

At the game park we weren't able to see any wild cats. We went to the spot where they usually are, but we did see any. That's the one downfall of going to game parks. You have no clue what animals you will see. I did see others animals such as warthogs, different types of antelopes and various types of birds. This is my second safari I have been on. I am starting to realize that having an amazing camera can really document the trip well. Stay tune for more pictures... if I get more!

*Update*

More pictures have arrived, courtesy of Shirley.

Warthog, or Pumbaa as our tour guide said

The four of us on the boat cruise


A better picture of an elephant

Giraffes! 

I believe these are Ugandan Kobs

Water buffalos 

Elephants!

A type of antelope... can't remember which type


Crested Crane (national bird of Uganda)


Red tail monkey (I believe that is what this little guy is called)

1 comment:

  1. these are amazing pictures Tiff! really made me feel like I was there. wow and seeing your face and huge smile made me miss you loads and loads and loads! xxxx

    ReplyDelete